Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Penny For Jennifer Estep's Thoughts


A Brief Interview with Jennifer Estep, the Author of the Elemental Assassin/Gin Blanco series.

Official Bio:  Jennifer Estep is an author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. Spider's Bite, Web of Lies, Venom, and Tangled Threads are the other books in her red-hot Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series for Pocket Books. Jennifer also writes the Mythos Academy young adult urban fantasy series, which includes the forthcoming Touch of Frost and Kiss of Frost. She's also the author of the Bigtime paranormal romance series, including Karma Girl, Hot Mama, and Jinx.

Read more about Jennifer Estep in her bio on her website here.

More on Jennifer Estep on Author Revealed here.



A Penny for Your Thoughts feature on Lost Art Audio is similar to an author interview, except it is short, sweet, and focused on the audiobook. This is the second Penny for Your Thought installment from the author of recently reviewed Tangled Threads, 4th audiobook in the Elemental Assassin/Gin Blanco serious.  Many thanks to Jennifer Estep for taking to time to indulge my curiosity!



Q.   Have you given audiobooks a try? How about e-books and the like? Any preference?
J. E.  I’ve got the Elemental Assassin audiobooks, but I haven’t tried any other audiobooks yet. I’m planning to, though. I’ve also downloaded a few e-books and e-stories onto my computer, but I don’t have an e-reader just yet. I’ll probably get one at some point in the future. I can see the appeal of audiobooks and ebooks, and I think they’ll continue to get more and more popular.





 

Q.   All four Elemental Assassin audiobooks are narrated by Lauren Fortgang. Are you acquainted with the actress? Have you ever met Ms. Fortgang? 
J. E. I’ve not met Lauren, but she has e-mailed me about the Elemental Assassin audiobooks and asked me about some of the pronunciations and things like that. I thought that was really cool of her to take the time to do that. Judging by the e-mails that I get, everyone really seems to love her narration of the books. I do too, and I’m glad that she did the audiobook for Tangled Threads as well.





Q.   In the earlier books, we see a lot of the morally conflicted Detective Donovan Caine. Tangled Thread focuses more on Gin’s budding relationship with Owen. Have we seen the last of the good detective?

J.E. I’m planning to bring Donovan back at some point. He left Gin at the end of Web of Lies, the second book in the series, which didn’t sit too well with Gin. I think that she needs some closure about their relationship on her terms. Plus, I think it will be really fun to write some scenes with Gin, Owen, and Donovan. Hopefully, it will make for some good drama!





 

Q.   I’m sure you get this all the time, but your characters – both major and supporting – make the listener fall in love. Do you base them on real people in your life? Is there a real life Finn (and can I have his phone number)? Have you met a real life Jo-Jo Deveraux? Who is your favorite supporting character from the bunch?
J.E. Thanks! I appreciate that. No, I don’t base my characters on people that I know. So there’s no real-life Finnegan Lane – and maybe that’s a good thing. Although I would say that Jo-Jo is just a strong, smart woman who takes care of those around her – the mom or grandma or sister or friend that hopefully everyone has in their lives.


 
Q.   The fifth audiobook, Spider’s Revenge, is set for release in September. Can you share any details on the upcoming book?
J. E. Spider’s Revenge will be out on September 27th. Basically, this book finishes out the big story arc with Gin and her nemesis, Mab Monroe, who killed Gin’s mother and older sister when Gin was a kid. The two women finally have their final confrontation, and I hope that readers and listeners enjoy the big showdown. Happy listening, everyone!
  


 


Read Lost Art Audio's review of Tangled Threads
 

1 comment:

  1. HI Dharma,

    Great interview with Jennifer. I had her over at my blog as well, super cool!
    It was really interesting to me to read your review as it was so different, focusing on the audiobooks.
    I don't know how you listen to so many books, you must have a helluva commute! Keep up the good work I think you have a really unique voice, niche and focus and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Free speech is a beautiful thing that I truly support but does not exist on this Site. If you use abusive or vulgar language, I will delete your comments. If you feel you have something very important to say, however abusive or vulgar, please feel free to start your own blog.